I knew something was amiss but hadn't planned on testing for another week or so, maybe longer. When I visited the doctor on Thursday, 3/19 for an unrelated issue, they offered to do a test as long as I was there. I agreed. At first, it seemed negative. But ever so slowly, that second line started to appear. So (again, since I was there), they went ahead and followed up with a blood test.
I repeated with a standard home pregnancy test on Friday morning, which again gave a faint positive. The blood test results were also positive, but just barely. So I repeated the home tests again on Saturday and twice on Sunday.
It's really amazing how you really don't believe that 2nd line unless you're expecting it, which we certainly were not. Dennis didn't believe it at all until the sixth test showed a darker positive.So, thank god I had my chocolate martini a week ago, because I'm back on water and prenatal vitamins for the time being.
According to the internet, our due date is November 21 (give or take). I suspect it might actually be a bit later than that, but we'll have to wait for the first ultrasound to give a more reliable estimate.
WOW, that test from SUnday is screaming at you, "DO YOU BELIEVE US NOW?"
ReplyDeleteI'm also glad we got our drink on when we did!
ReplyDelete