I sent the following to a coworker on April Fools Day 2009
reference: http://babycooleyiscoming.blogspot.com/2008/04/april-fool.html
*********
I didn't get you last year, so I will try again. The theme of each line should give you deja vu.
Only one of these statements is true:
1 - Even though all of the wiring in my truck was destroyed in the fire, I have replaced it all and it runs better than ever.
2 - Danielle is pregnant again.
3 - While in India I took a picture of a monkey using a toilet.
4 - I can knit.
5 - I messed with and/or sabotaged something in/on/around your desk - but I doubt that you will find it until it is too late. And the longer it takes you to find out what I did the funnier it will be.
Hope this helps,
David
***********
I was a little worried that it was too obvious.
1 - Anyone that has seen me work on an automobile knows this can't be true.
3 - Nothing - not even the animals - uses the toilets in India.
4 - From what I understand knitting is just a series of knots, so it is probably within my realm of skills. But if I could knit I would never admit to it - even in jest. Just to avoid the topic I wouldn't even use the word knit - ever.
5 - I never admit to/tip people off about pranks I have done to them until they figure it out for themselves. (To date there has been one exception - if they are literally on fire and don't know it I will tell them. Methanol burns with an invisible flame - who knew?)
Again - I honestly do not hope that this helps.
And my name is not David.
So that leaves Danielle being pregnant - about as obvious as gravity.
After reading this Ashley did come to my desk. She asked when we were planning on having a second kid. I said that we are *supposed* to wait eight months after Dexter's birth. It wasn't questioned and the conversation moved on.
I also tacked this onto the end as a distraction.
01000010011001010010000001110011011101010111001001100101001000000111010001101111
00100000011001000111001001101001011011100110101100100000011110010110111101110101
01110010001000000100111101110110011000010110110001110100011010010110111001100101
00101110
I don't think she translated it.
Oh well.
NBC - I believe you exist.
Dennis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment