Monday, August 24, 2009

New Baby's Bedding?

While wandering the baby aisles at Target today, I found (and eventually purchased) this bedding for NBC. It's from the Circo "ABCs and Dots" collection.

Yes, the blanket is (mostly) white. I do have concerns about this, BUT he won't have the blanket for about a year, and it'll really be more of a toddler-time thing. I just needed to get it now because Target rotates their stock so frequently that it won't be around by the time we are needing/wanting it. And of course there's always tummy time. :)

The dust ruffle is pretty "ruffle-y." The gathers go against my philosophy of clean lines, but I do like the colors, and there's not much to put color/pattern in the room at the moment, so I'm thinking we'll go with it. I'm not 100% sure, though, an am hanging on to the receipt, at least for now. It might also make a nice valance. (Or maybe I'll get another, and it can be the dust ruffle AND the valance. Who knows?)

I also picked up a couple of coordinating crib sheets. We need at least one more, maybe two, and these seem fun and nice.



So, NBC's nursery is taking shape! I am very excited. I'm hoping to keep the "artichoke" base color on the walls and add some striping with colors from the bedding. We'll stick with letters and numbers as the primary wall decor, too.

I'm glad we have 3 months to do this, because it'll take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment