Mostly, this has manifested itself in my consistent failure to close the lid of the washing machine when doing routine laundry. This happens at least 3-4 times/month. Annoying, but no biggie.
On Tuesday, I took things a notch further and FLOODED THE LAUNDRY ROOM AND BASEMENT. Yeah. I put a crib sheet in the laundry sink to soak. Plugged up the sink, turned on the water and then apparently just left the room without ever turning OFF the water. I didn't notice for over an hour. About half of the laundry room floor was wet, but it would seem that most of the water escaped into the basement.
I had feared that all of the shelves in the workshop had been soaked, but it looks like the water mostly leaked onto the floor and just splashed up onto the bottom shelves.
I had also feared that this would mean gutting the laundry room, replacing drywall, subfloor, flooring, and ductwork. Not really something I needed to add to our "to do" list with NBC's arrival only a month away. Again, thankfully, it doesn't seem to be that bad. And as much as the laundry room needs to be gutted (and soundproofed), I'm glad we won't be tackling that particular problem at this particular time.
After this little episode, I have resolved to do NO unnecessary work until we are past the pregnancy and newborn fatigue stage.
Photos were taken a few hours after the incident, and a lot of the water had either evaporated or soaked into the concrete. I still can't believe how much I lucked out on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment